Wednesday 21 May 2014

Answer to "Who determines conflict of interest?"

 As the writer of this blog, I emailed Service Nova Scotia asking who determines a conflict of interest? This question had been sent to this blog by Hantsport resident Martin Van Der Baaren.


May 20. 2014.

Good morning,

My name is Mark Peck and I work for the Department of Municipal Affairs.  I am responding to your inquiry to ASKUS.

Conflict of Interest has to be declared by the individual that feels they are in conflict. 

To clarify one point, the mayor is not negotiating any agreement with the NSUARB.  A transition coordinator that is responsible for a transition team will be responsible for all matter relating to the dissolution process.  The NSUARB will base its decision on the merits of the information that is presented and will provide independent oversight on the entire process that leads to a final decision.

Should you require anything further please do not hesitate to contact me at 424-7917.

Mark A. Peck
Municipal Advisor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I will publish anonymous comments at my discretion.
-Heather