Friday 24 April 2015

Hunting on Sunday

I had everything planned and had told my wife I would not be going to church with her on Sunday.

My wife reminded me that Sunday was the Sabbath Day
and hunting a trophy buck should not be part of the Sabbath.  
 
1.    I scouted the area all summer.
 
2.     I searched out the best location for my tree-stand.
 
3.     I set it all up a month ahead of time.
 
4.     I trailed the herd.


 
5.     I picked out a trophy buck.
 
6.     Two days before opening day I rechecked every aspect of the hunt.
 
7.     Everything was in place.
 
8.     Sunday morning, I woke up at 2 am.
 
9.     I put on my camo, loaded my pack, set out for mystand.
 
10.     This was destined to be an epic hunt.
 
11.     As I approached my deer stand.
(Sorry, I can't download the photo which showed a black bear glaring at the hunter!)

I called my wife and told her that I had decided not to hunt on the Sabbath
and would meet her at church. The Sunday sermon was entitled:
"The Lord Works In Mysterious Ways".

(the reason he went to church was that there was a big black bear in his deer stand)
 
 

-from Duckie












This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I will publish anonymous comments at my discretion.
-Heather