Tuesday 2 July 2013

JULY 1ST - A horse, a pony, a dog, and a woman - why N&V missed the first race

HORSE TATTOO, PONY ANNIE, DOG FRANNIE, AND
REBECCA MILLER. THELMA THE CAT IS IN THE TRUCK.


Several July 1st events were changed this year - including the route of the 2 Mile Race.
I was waiting on Main Street across from the Roman Catholic Church to get a good shot of the runners coming down the road. The RCMP member was waiting there too - until he was informed that he was at the wrong location.
I had noticed a truck and horse trailer in the parking lot and went to investigate. They were probably going to be in the parade.
They weren't.
Rebecca Miller, the driver of the truck and owner of the horses - and a dog and a cat, has spent the last three weeks driving from Alberta to Nova Scotia.
And Rebecca was looking for a place to pasture her horse.
Another local resident ( I never knew his name but he is in the insurance business) had stopped to help her.
I called on Stefanie - 7 William Street - and she suggested Murphy Stables.
Long story short - I called Rebecca this morning. The anonymous resident and his wife found Rebecca and her animals a place to stay in Windsor Forks and Rebecca is talking to a real estate agent.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I will publish anonymous comments at my discretion.
-Heather