Saturday 13 July 2013

TRUE CONFESSIONS continued: laying the slab and framing










Laying the insulation, plumbing, heating and the slab.




Now the house is looking like a house! There will be two windows on the Avon Street side. And lots of others to give light!

One of the men   said today that there is enough insulation that I will be able to heat it with a candle!

After several hot hot days, the men are taking Sunday off.

My grandfather, J.E. MacGregor was a contractor and builder in London, Ontario. When I was a kid, the would take us to the house under construction to see how it was going.
Aside from the fact that this is my house, this is another reason why I am following the progress day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I will publish anonymous comments at my discretion.
-Heather