Friday 19 July 2013

Hantsport Rails to Trails Society

Letter from Ross Hermiston to this blog:

    At various places, such as the Hantsport Fair and  the Celebrate the Shamrocks event, I promoted the idea of a People Trail on the old Windsor-Hantsport Railway line. At one such event you ( and 31 others) signed a paper in support of developing the trail. 
             I am writing to you to see if you would be interested in joining a group to work on that project.
             I received a letter from Kate Sircom who suggests that we form a Hantsport Rails to Trail Society: She writes:


 Hi Ross:
I recently attended a meeting of the Greenwich Rails to Trails group.
 They are concerned with completing the trail from Wolfville to New
 Minas. There is a similar group that is active in Grand Pre,
 concerned with getting a trail completed from Grand Pre to Wolfville.

 Are you interested in forming a Hantsport Rails-to Trails Society that
 would investigate building a trails section from Hantsport to
 Avonport? I do believe there is some interest in Avonport. We would
 have to stop there, because the bridge I think is not safe....

 I am busy with courses until July 19th, but can do a bit of work after that.

 Thanks,
 Kate Sircom

If you are interested in joining such a group, or better yet, interesting in organizing such a group, please reply and  send any suggestions.

For information about trails in Nova Scotia check out http://www.greenwaysnovascotia.ca/

Hoping to hear from you:

Ross Hermiston - Holistic Party -http://rosshh.blog.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I will publish anonymous comments at my discretion.
-Heather