Thursday 28 August 2014

A killer plant in Fundy Gypsum Park

Dead and dying plants is what I saw today when I walked Ali and Bella on the path along the bank at the park.

A vine with a beautiful flower has choked and is choking the shrubs. 

One of its victims.

This is one of the vines I pulled off a living plant. It is incredibly long.

Those large green leaves are, I believe, another killer.

The whole line of scrubs which were beautiful only this spring is now in danger.

Public Works is underfunded and understaffed.
This isn't the only park which is suffering from neglect.
But, if you're walking in the park with the $1 million view of the river and the tides, grab and handful of vines and save a scrub. 
Any other suggestion? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I will publish anonymous comments at my discretion.
-Heather